Do you need an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR)? Ideal Electricians provides an EICR service for any property to help landlords, estate agents, and homeowners meet requirements set out by the government to prepare for letting the property. The EICR means that the property is safe to use and all electrical installations are in order. We can carry out EICRs on all electrical installations throughout the London.
We understand how important it is to carry out an accurate EICR. It is necessary to ensure that all electrical installations are in complete working order and that no danger or risk is posed to the property, its occupants, or visitors.
EICRs performed by Ideal Electricians can provide you with a detailed report of our findings, which will give you the required information about the condition of your electrical installation. Ideal Electricians provide the following high-quality services.
We can provide a full report on the condition of all electrical installations at a domestic or commercial property. This includes any alterations or extensions, details on how safe they are, what work is required and future recommendations.
Full compliance certificates will be issued to landlords, estate agents and homeowners. Ideal Electricians can carry out EICRs on all electrical installations throughout all areas of greater London. If you have any concerns or questions about your property’s electrical condition, please do not hesitate to give us a call today on 07502 396 654 or by filling in our contact request form!
- Inspection of the entire installation, wiring condition and fuse boards to ensure electrical safety as required by BS7671, IET Wiring Regulations 18th Edition and the Electricity at Work Regulations.
- Identification of any areas where an increased risk from fire or electric shock may exist due to poor workmanship, damage, deterioration, or lack of maintenance.
- Estimate of cost for all remedial works necessary to rectify identified problems including a detailed breakdown on the EICR report for easy reference by your insurance company should you need it in the future. As well as reviewing our own EICR reports we are also happy to provide expert testimony in court should it be required.
- Report will detail the identification of defects and recommendations for current and future remedial works necessary to maintain the electrical safety within a property
- The Inspection is carried out by a fully qualified National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation Contracting (NICEIC) approved contractor who is up to date with the latest industry standards and regulations ensuring you are always getting the best advice.
Very fast to respond to our call, arrived and fitted a new switch less than two hours later. Very pleasant chap, he explained all steps and kept us informed of our options rather than deciding for us.
So impressed with their service we’re going to use this business for four outdoor lights we’d like to get fitted.
Ima Mutant – Google Local Guide
In the UK, it is not a legal requirement to have an EICR unless you are a landlord. If you are a landlord, you will need to do an EICR every 5 years if tenancy does not change. This is because an EICR can identify any potential problems with your electrical installation and help to prevent them from becoming dangerous or causing a fire.
Whenever a property changes tenancy a new EICR certificate is required. Typically, if tenancy does not change, an EICR certificate lasts 5 years but it depends on the wiring condition of the property and the engineer present can issue a shorter duration certificate instead If they deem the wiring of the property to be in a bad state.
An EICR (Electrical Installation Condition Report) is a test that checks the safety of an electrical installation. It’s not something that can be done by just any electrician – it needs to be carried out by someone who is qualified to do so.This is because it’s a very specialised area and if something isn’t done correctly, it could result in a serious accident. To check if the electrician you are hiring is qualified, you can use the government’s competent person scheme which is a scheme that lets you check the accreditation of a company.
So, if you’re thinking of having an EICR carried out, make sure you choose someone who is qualified and experienced in this field like Ideal Electricians.
As of April 2021, every time the tenancy of a property changes, the landlord is required by law to carry out an EICR and make sure the EICR has been passed before the tenant moves in.This paperwork will help to ensure safety for those living in the property.
The landlord might face a fine of up to £30,000 for each breach. The local authority has been monitoring landowners carefully as to maintain the safety of tenants.If the EICR is not completed when required (due perhaps to an oversight), then it could ultimately cost you more money than needed.
Book an Electrical Installation Condition Report (EICR) today! Ideal Electricians will provide you with a detailed report of our findings, which will give you the required information about the condition of your electrical installation.
We’ll check for any defects that may pose risks to your property and its occupants if left uncorrected. Contact us now to schedule an appointment in order to prevent accidents from happening before it’s too late!